Employment & Labor Law
Working Every Possibility
Yes, the nature of litigation is adversarial and costly. Absolutely, our attorneys are zealous advocates for our clients. But, there’s often another less tooth-and-nail way. SchindelSegal attorneys are constantly and diligently looking for paths of less resistance and more reward.
While sometimes litigation is necessary, taking appropriate action before a problem arises can prevent many issues. We take pride in taking those appropriate actions and helping employers comply with complex, ever-expanding employment/labor laws. Our preventative services range from drafting employee handbooks, non-competition agreements, and employment and separation agreements. In addition, we provide anti-harassment training, investigate allegations of employee misconduct and consult with clients on specific problems.
From hello to goodbye and beyond, we’re there for you. Let us help minimize your exposure so you can maximize what you do best.
Our wide-ranging service include:
- Representing employers in State and Federal court
- Defending discrimination charges brought before the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Minnesota Department of Human Rights and other government agencies
- Assisting employers in unemployment insurance matters before the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Representing employers in a wide range of claims including sexual harassment, unlawful discrimination, non-compete disputes, breach of contract claims, wage and hour matters, and much more
- Representing individual executives or managers on the negotiation and/or understanding of an employment/separation agreement, or non-compete disputes
Many employment law disputes can be avoided by taking appropriate action in advance. Whether it be drafting an employee handbook or employment agreement, investigating allegations of employee misconduct, conducting anti-harassment or other workplace trainings, or providing advice and counsel with regard to tricky employment situations that can arise in any workplace, Seiler Schindel Segal attorneys have the knowledge, skill and experience to help companies reduce risk and improve their employee relations.
Sometimes, even the most well-intentioned employers find themselves in a dispute with a current or former employee. Seiler Schindel Segal attorneys have extensive experience representing employers in litigation matters in state and federal court, responding to discrimination charges brought before the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Minnesota Department of Human Rights, and other government agencies, and assisting employers in unemployment insurance matters.
Executives and Managers
While we primarily represent employers, Seiler Schindel Segal attorneys regularly assist executives and managers who need help negotiating or understanding an employment or separation agreement or who need advice regarding a non-competition agreement.